Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 9.......

Hello fellow foodies...well the scones were well received by all. However I found that they were SO much better when they were warm from the oven than cold the next day.....so I intend to make them with honey for the sweetener next time (to increase the sweetness and keep them on the healthy side) and will definitely offer them warm as an option :)....my next project will be a healthy banana bread and also something that I am going to call breakfast pizza....so stay tuned

I am finding that I am having fun experimenting in the kitchen and writing about it with this venue. I am less energized at this point to write about past experiences with food that I have had with my children. However there are many stories to tell, including something called 'dippy eggs' as well as 'bread and jam' recipes and of course the home-made baby food.....and a few years later my experience of feeding a family of four on a small sailboat for more than 2 years when we were crossing the Pacific Ocean. The Importance of Food is central to life on a boat, especially when you are in the middle of an ocean, out of site of land or stores for more than 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment