Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 11....


The pizza dough, with a combination of spelt, whole wheat and all-purpose flour turned out lovely. I did leave it wrapped in the fridge overnight and do not recommend this, as the dough rose for a second time, some of it escaping from the plastic wrap and bag...I guess that the answer to making the dough ahead of time is keeping it in the freezer if left for more than an hour or so. I made 2 pizzas with very different ingredients. One had a tomato sauce on the bottom and vegetables, including asparagus and portobello mushrooms, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes on top....the tomato sauce was much too acidic and strong and overpowered the rest of the flavours. So, after the first piece, I scraped off most of the sauce and put the toppings back on with a tapinade as the base and this was very tasty. The other pizza was my idea of a breakfast pizza, with an eggs benedict type of base sauce, a mixture of scrambled eggs and cooked bacon as well as some bruschetta tomato sauce under the eggs. This was then topped with some grated cheddar cheese...I would 'play' with the base sauce a bit, but overall this pizza was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I dont think the breakfast pizza would be my thing, bacon and eggs on a plate with possibly baked beans and toast--now that a breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete