Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 3....The Power of Food

I am finding that the timing for writing may vary depending on the day. This may seem intuitive to some people, but not for me. I had somehow assumed that I would just sit down and write this every morning. This morning I just knew that it would not be a good time. Here it is, after midnight and I am now feeling energized to write about food and my life as a foodie. I have just had a lovely glass of wine and a bit more than 2 slices of delicious thin crust spinach and cheese pizza....absolutely delicious!! And yes, I did eat dinner earlier, but also went out into this frigid evening and skated on an outdoor rink for an hour...activity is not only fun, and conducive for generating positive energy, it also burns calories so I can eat more!

One of my three sisters has shared that as far as she knows, none of us were breastfed. So, while I am not going to go back and change prior postings I must come clean with the likely truth here. We know that breast feeding is not necessary for developing a strong mother/baby bond and I guess that for my sisters and I this is true. For we were definitely all loved deeply by our mother and all turned out reasonably well, happy and productive I believe. So there you go....I will share my experience with breast feeding my 2 children in a future posting. One thing is that it was most certainly easier for me than bottle feeding, so I consider myself fortunate in many ways.

And finally, a note about steel cut oats...they are very high in protein (7 grams per 1/3 cup uncooked compared to oatmeal which has 4 grams) as well as delicious! I also often put coconut or walnuts and apple in the oatmeal- YUM!

2 comments:

  1. My kids were not breast fed either, it wasnt the thing to do. However bonding is important and I do think I bonded well. Most mothers do regardless of how they feed their offspring. I actaualy went back to work when my first child was 8 weeks old so I never even thought about it. he did well and number two did well also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment...the first on the blog. I am still learning how this stuff 'works'. Allow my main purpose of writing is to formulate my own thoughts, it is great to get feedback and others perspectives on topics!

    ReplyDelete