Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 12....

I have been eating the pizza all week and will take the second loaf of banana bread to work tomorrow to share with my colleagues. If I don't do this I will most definitely eat far too much of my own baking. One of my beliefs is 'everything in moderation' which extends to the amount of food I eat, regardless if it is 150 times healthier than fast food LOL. So I haven't made anything new yet this week, but am planning on making some buckwheat blueberry muffins on the weekend as well as a wheat berry salad that looks delicious. I just ate a yummy bowl of plain yogurt, sweetened with a small amount of stevia (a natural herb sweetener that you can buy at the bulk store) and some blueberries and granola on top. I have to confess that the granola is the store bought variety with a high percentage of saturated fat...but it tastes so good....I will experiment soon with some homemade recipes. I generally eat steel cut oatmeal in the morning, which is very healthy and really good.

I have a story about experimenting with baking in an effort to use up some 'left-over' porridge. First of all you have to know a couple of things about me- one is that I am very frugal (but not cheap) and two (which may or may not be related to the first) is that I do not like to throw away food. Friends were visiting from out of town and I decided that I would make some oatmeal muffins with the leftover porridge...after all why wouldn't it work? Well it didn't. They were a soggy mess and the whole batch ended up in the compost...at least I was feeding the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment