Sunday, March 6, 2011

soup...can never get enough


Although I am now focusing this blog on the developments of bringing to life Penny's Pantry, I will be throwing in the odd recipe and pic of food....after all I am still eating and even cooking and baking, just not as frequently. I made a soup recipe from Vicki's Veggies that I picked up last weekend at Picton's Seedy Saturday. Seedy Saturday is an event that I also attended in Toronto in the past, and basically it is a fun event for sharing both knowledge as well as seeds for spring planting. There were also baked goods and herbs for sale and information about growing food in general. With Maple Parsnip as the title, this soup was easy (as most soups are) and deliciously different. Basically just clean and chop a bag or 1-1.5 lbs of parsnips and add then to a pot that has browned an onion and a couple of garlic cloves...after about 5 minutes, add 4 cups broth (veggie or chicken) and cook until the parsnips are done. then add 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup real maple syrup, some nutmeg and about 1 Tbsp dijon mustard....blend it all and enjoy!!!
Simple and delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment