Saturday, March 12, 2011

...and that's it for the counters


I drove to Cobourg yesterday afternoon and did buy the one display case and realized two things: one, that it won't be big enough for a cash counter but that it will be perfect as a portable display shelf and two, that the other counter that he has for sale will be perfect for the actual cash counter. With the second counter available for pick-up at the end of the month I will have finished my 'shopping for shelves and counters' and am ready to start the decorating. :):) ...stay tuned for pictures over the next couple of weeks!

I have worked through the maze of layers of online course material and am settling into learning how to use Quickbooks and loving it. I will of course hire an accountant, but it will be good to learn how to use it myself to some degree as I will be doing the data entry.

The other related 'money matter' is the cash register and scale system that I have now ordered. It will arrive over the next 3 or 4 weeks, allowing time for it to be set up and a few weeks to learn how it works and to program the software. I am looking forward to having the company and support of my 'computer geek' son for that, which is perfect...

For the most part I am taking some time-out for me this weekend....and then it will be no stopping until after the Maple in the County festival. I will share my plans for that next week and look forward to seeing and meeting you there!

One more thing...it is time to move this blog over to wordpress and in doing so I will change the background colour from pink..actually I just now changed it on blogger...imagine that!!! yeah)

No comments:

Post a Comment