Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reflecting

This weekend provided an opportunity to take a mini step back and just breathe. It's good to do that once in awhile. I left my home and 'the store' physically behind and went to a friends for dinner and out dancing. Before arriving at her home however, I did make a business stop in Kingston to meet and talk about purchasing high quality tea from someone recommended to me by the local naturopathic doctor. It was an enjoyable and productive meeting with an alliance in the works.

Dinner was healthy and delicious, an Asian beef salad recipe served with brown rice, mixed fruit and decadent ice cream for dessert. I had brought a healthy banana loaf also...
The dance was in celebration of International Women's Day and included a number of artists performing everything from country to rock to samba...good fun, lots of dancing and smiling, sharing and laughing.

Even at the dance I met someone who does stained glass work....a possibility to get an indoor sign made.

This morning my friend shared some of the book she is reading focusing on the diets of the worlds longest-living groups of people. Very relaxing, informative and reinforcing. On the way home I stopped in to see the naturopathic doctor and was welcomed warmly into her home and work space. We shared life stories and talk of the benefits of specific foods that she recommends I have in the store as well as thoughts about marketing. All wonderful and supportive.

As I look at what I have just shared, I realize that I haven't said very much really that speaks to reflecting. It just felt that I had been rushing all week and that this weekend provided time to allow....also to continue networking, but in a more relaxed mode. I must also share that as time passes now and I put into place the shelves, the cash system and all of the very real and tangible pieces, part of me is a bit nervous. I ask myself, 'Can I do this?' and 'Will it be ready on time?', as I have been told repeatedly that it is imperative to open by the long May weekend. I give space to these doubts, I give them a voice and also to the knowledge deep within myself that the answer to both is yes....in addition, I get so much loving faith and confidence from others that buoys me further, and for that I am grateful. I am ready for another week.

PS- I tried uploading my business card pdf file, but I guess that format doesn't work here....will take a pic and post it when I receive it in a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment