Wednesday, January 19, 2011

on twittering and blogging and bringing it together

It is 4:30 a.m. and I find myself up yet again tonight, responding to my inner voice to follow my creative journey. I have started to twitter (it was the promise of improved writing skills that sent me over the edge lol) and am here now at my computer as it has just occurred to me how I can use that venue for value added to the universe. I will use PPANTRY to share tidbits of nutritional information and direct folks to this blog for related recipes. Todays nutritional nicety from PP is about the much lower glycemic index of yams vs white potatoes. (50 vs 95-100!) I have found a huge difference in my energy level and just feel overall healthier as I have reduced food with high glycemic index levels, especially the simple sugars. This recipe may be served either warm right after preparing or cold. Delicious and nutricious!!

4 med sweet potatoes (scrubbed or peeled as you wish) cut into smallish cubes
1 lge red onion (may use a white onion but the red is SOOO much better) chopped

Coat the above with approx. 2 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper; roast in single layer at 400 degrees 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally

1/2 cp or a little less extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
1-2 Tbsp jalapeno pepper
lime juice from 2 limes

Blend above 4 ingred. to make a dressing

Put the roasted veggies in a large bowl with 2 cups cooked black beans (drained and best are cooked yourself but canned are optional), 1 red sweet pepper (chopped), 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (can be left out if you do not like, but it is VERY healthy) and dressing. Refrigerate up to a day (mine never lasts more than that and the recipe may be halved or doubled as you need)
YUM!! and soooo satisfying









*credit to Toronto Star Food Section for origin of recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment