Saturday, January 29, 2011

Banana bread...always a favourite


After reading Marni Wasserman's recent postings on facebook of her delicious and healthy banana bread, I couldn't resist making some muffins and a 'sharing loaf' (one of those small but gorgeous little loaves that are 'just right' for 2 or 4 if you aren't too ravenous!) A friend is coming to visit from out of town and although she said that she would bring blueberry muffins, we have 2 days of catching up and hanging out together, so plenty of time for munching on goodies and a freezer for leftovers. :) The recipe I used is an adaption from Marni, as I haven't yet tried kamut flour. I used spelt (also healthy and can be substituted directly with white flour) and whole wheat. I didn't use any eggs (bananas are sufficient for rising with the baking powder) and used maple syrup (just 1/4 cup) and some applesauce for moisture and sweetening. ....and of course chocolate chips.....bananas and choc chips just go together.

The universe is allowing all my dreams to come true, dreams that I didn't even know I had until just about a year ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment