Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 17....same day, more baking


Well then, since I had already dirtied the large bowl for the pizza crust, I figured that I might as well re-use this as well as the flour and other items on the counter and throw together the ingredients that I had ready for some energy bars. The recipe called for sunflower seeds and dried fruit, in addition to granola, flour, rolled oats, an egg, a bit of oil and some spice...I added coconut and used maple syrup as I had forgotten to buy honey... I also do not own an 8" cake pan so I made them in a round pie plate. Into the oven they went, right after the pizza was done as they needed a much lower temp. About 25 minutes later and they were a nice light brown on the edges and pronounced done. A little while later my friend arrived for her pizza critique and ended up munching on the squares, for at least 10 minutes, in spite of announcing that she doesn't like this type of thing....seemed to be making an exception. At any rate, they tasted even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment