Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 17.....



Time on my own with good music in the background, a nice drink and making good food is one of my favourite ways to spend a Friday evening, and that is what I was doing on this particular night. I truly had a wonderful time making this pizza....and I had the additional pleasure of sharing the product with a new friend too! The recipe came from a friend and colleague at work with tales of gatherings of friends for a night of pizza and wine, good times with good friends. The dough is a combination of whole wheat flour and a bit of white and corn meal. The toppings include marinated artichokes, black olives, fresh tomatoes, green onions, basil and both mozzarella and provolone cheese. Next time I intend to play with the dough recipe a bit so I can spread it out a bit thinner and add just a bit more flavour, maybe with butter and more herbs in the dough itself...will also add some goat cheese. It was delicious and of course nutritious! My friend however is not a huge olive lover, so I got double :)

No comments:

Post a Comment